another excellent year...
Wednesday, September 02, 2009
- Athlete on Monday night - the best music set at Greenbelt for a good few years (in my humble opinion)
- Gene Robinson - for a man who has been lambasted and judged by so many you can't help but be moved by the grace with which he speaks about issues that he is deeply passionate about, be challenged by his clear teaching, and be blown away by his deep personal spirituality and faith. I don't care if it does get me into trouble (with some) for saying so, but his seminars were definite highlights of the festival for me, and are well worth downloading if you missed them
- Rob Bell - the queuing was a pain but I can't think of a more effective and absorbing communicator in the Church of today
- the Long Worship in New Forms on the Monday (see photo above) - yes, I know that I was involved in organising and running it, but maybe for that reason it was moving to see so many people (over 900) connect with God in the space in so many unique and personal ways
- the atmosphere and catching up with friends - but that's always a highlight of Greenbelt!